Wednesday, October 27, 2010

I'm in Love with the Matchmaker

The steady stream of new visitors to my songwriting website continues. People are finally finding me through Google by searching the terms that I care most about--which means that Google is doing a great job of playing Cupid. 


Today I had a visitor who spent half an hour on my site and read fifteen articles after searching Google for songwriting resources. That's the kind of validation I needed! To give you an idea, I don't normally expect readers to stay longer than 90 seconds, or read much more than 2 or 3 articles.


Been writing some short news posts on the blog and gotten a good response, but I want to make sure it's balanced well. I still want the site to be an educational resource, not a source of news. I want most of my articles to continue being useful for years to come.


Thinking I'll change my front page to an excerpt view, with a thumbnail photo and blurb for each article, with a variety of categories available from the /words front page. More options, more variety, more content to choose from.


Geo just called in a writing assignment. Hoping to shave before I get out the door; I've got 5 o' clock shadow that would make George Michael jealous.


More soon.

No comments: