Sunday, October 24, 2010

Hello, Strangers.

P1010049

The last dispatch I posted to this website is over a year old. I don’t remember what I was feeling, what I was wearing, or where I was when that long-haired stranger wrote that entry.

What’s new since then?

  • I’ve written a book’s worth of songwriting advice on my own domain, built an international readership, befriended amazing major-label songwriters, received links from prominent mainstream music industry figures and my peer bloggers.
  • I’m happily self-employed. Everything I do now revolves around the arts. Every penny represents a word written, a note recorded, a songwriter coached, a musical artist managed or promoted.
  • I have four one-hour appointments per week. All else is flexible, at my discretion.
  • I teach classes and mentor students one-on-one.
  • I compose for dancers.
  • My long-delayed collection of original songs is available for purchase in November. It remains independent; I am my own record label. The album is called A Game with Shifting Mirrors.
  • I own only necessary things. My home is clean, uncluttered, and free of evanescent distractions.
  • My little sister owns a business and attends college.
  • My father released an EP.
  • My mother’s enrolled in my songwriting class.
  • I’m two uncles now—my older sister has a new baby boy.

Time to go work on A Game with Shifting Mirrors. More soon.

No comments: