Sunday, March 1, 2009

The Mad Dog, Saturday Night

Picture (c) Sarah Miller 2009
Played for an appreciative roomful of faces at The Mad Dog this evening! Made some new friends, caught up with some old ones, sang many a song. It was a welcome break from the three-week trend of lukewarm strangers.

New additions to the songbook that I played this week:
  • "Ring of Fire" by Johnny Cash
  • "Hate it Here" by Wilco
  • "Gravedigger" by Dave Matthews
  • "I Gotta Get Drunk" by Willie Nelson
  • "Shock the Monkey" by Peter Gabriel
There were some young women in the place who actually recognized the music I was playing and made requests for songs that I actually knew. I believe in miracles.

I made $2.00 for my efforts.

Alright, it's time to go curl up with The Defense, a Nabokov novel I grabbed yesterday night while Dan and I poked through the bookstore. Tomorrow I think I'm headed over to visit my family, play music, and maybe do a little recording.

I'm exhausted.

Goodnight, all!

1 comment:

Alivia said...

This is an AWESOME picture of you.

See you in a week or so! :o) !!!