Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Copper Guitars, German Hounds, and Apple Tree Ladders

(c) Mary Becker-Weiss 2009
See the blob-like magnets on the resonator?
They're holding it together. No joke.


Here's a snippet from Mary's blog at Corniche Online:
Local performer Nick Tozier and his friend Nicole visited for the afternoon. Nick performed an impromptu concert and Nicole spoiled Scout, who is now good for nothing. Since I have only known Nick through our association at A1 to Go, I was very pleasantly surprised by his emotion, originality and talent as a guitarist and singer. Got some good pictures of Nick, which we'll use to promote his performance during our next Gardiner ArtWalk scheduled for May.
Flattery will get you far, Mary. As for the ArtWalk, I'll post further details as soon as they're fixed. Meanwhile, take a look at this lil' hussy we found in the shop!


(knavishly snatched from Mary's website)

Her name's Scout; there's a hot spot behind each ear of course. Scratchscratchscratch. Her eyes rolled up and blinked slowly in appreciation, 'til finally she leaned against my leg and sighed—like the pleasure weighed a hundred pounds. Adorable. When I stooped to look at her expression, the rascal craned her neck to take a quick nibble at my lower lip.

Scout! You flirt!

...we're dating now.

* * *

Tomorrow I ride to the coast to lend a hand with some apple tree ladders that Robert ordered for an upcoming art piece. Robert and I agreed to alternate deejay duty on his car stereo, hopefully turning each other on to some new jazz pieces. I think I'll bring along Electric Masada, Bennie Maupin, and The Nels Cline Singers.

Hopefully Robert will have some insight into the short story I've been stalling on. Oh, I just realized! In that initial photograph above, that panel behind my shoulder is one of Robert's. There may be clearer pictures of it on the Corniche website, linked above.

Until next time!

No comments: