Sunday, February 1, 2009

The Week in Review

My workplace has changed hands! The new owner's full of ideas and energy, so the place should grow.

This week I exchanged a few letters with penpals in Connecticut and Germany, learned five songs and sketched out the structure of a new song of my own. Its title is a phrase I've heard drivers scream repeatedly at the anonymous occupants of other cars. Surprisingly, the song is PG.

Finally, I started composing an ominous piece for bass clarinet, timpani, and bass voices. Closed out the week on Saturday night by playing for a crowd of friends and peers at the pub downtown. Dan stayed out both Friday and Saturday. Had a great time!

Tomorrow night I meet with a local guitarist, Tuesday with a banjo player. More writing and composing all week.

Today I began reading The Man Who Tasted Shapes by Richard E. Cytowic. It has wooed me, and a few fun little essays are forthcoming, so my next entry will be much less like buckshot. I promise.

Okay. Off to organize my next move; it's already past ten and there's much to do before bed!

No comments: