Saturday, January 31, 2009

Valentine's Day & Other Nightmares

I am not looking forward to a Valentine's day performance.

Two or three hours of love songs?! I'm unsure whether this is going to be fun or depressing.


Well, I finally started wearing headbands around the house. For practical reasons only! You will probably never see me wearing them, but Al, I finally took your advice. Thanks! I can at least work now without hair in my eyes.

Got some hard decisions ahead, some hard traveling. Life is a hard puzzle, a hard puzzle indeed. I think I'll go now and rehearse for tonight's gig. In fact, I'll put together a rough setlist while I'm here.

  • "A Boy Named Sue" - J. Cash
  • "Big Rock Candy Mountain" -American Hobo Song
  • "Cape Cod Girls" -Sea Chantey
  • "Come Away with Me" -Norah Jones 
  • "First Song" -Poem by Galway Kinnel, set to music by Andrew Bird 
  • "The Way" - Performed by Fastball, dunno who wrote it. 
  • "Drunken Sailor" -Sea Chantey
  • "Folsom Prison Blues" - J. Cash
  • "Frog Went a-Courtin' " - American Folk
  • "Gun Street Girl" - Tom Waits
  • "Hallelujah" -Leonard Cohen
  • "Hallelujah, I'm a Bum" - American Hobo Song
  • "I've Been Everywhere" - Can't remember who wrote this 'un. Merle Haggard?
  • "James Alley Blues" - Richard "Rabbit" Brown
  • "Long Way Home" - Not sure whose this song is. Country standard, for sure
  • :"Me Father's a Lawyer in England" - English drinking song that I rewrote for my own purposes.
  • "The Times They are a-Changin' " - Bob Dylan
  • "Cocaine Blues" - J. Cash
  • "Oh, Darling" - The Beatles 
  • "Nightingale" -Norah Jones 
Alright. Ridin' off into the sunset now. Got a mini-party happening tonight. Cheers!

No comments: